I made this chocolate Cookie Monster bark the other day, and since it garnered quite a bit of interest I thought I would share the super easy recipe so you too could create this adorable treat. I am not on par with proper recipe formatting, so if anyone has any tips send them my way! I’d love to share more of the yums with everyone.
1- 8oz bar of semi-sweet chocolate (I used Ghiradelli, from the baking section)
1- 12 oz bag of blue melting wafers (available at Wal Mart or the craft store)
1- pack of Wilton candy eyes (available at Wal Mart or the craft store; you will have leftovers!)
1/4 c. Mini Chocolate Chip Cookies
1/4 c. Mini Chocolate Sandwich Cookies
1. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment or a silicon mat.
2. Chop up your semi-sweet chocolate and microwave until melted, at 30 second intervals.
3. Pour onto your prepared baking sheet and spread out evenly. (I like to use an offset spatula)
4. Refrigerate, until set, for approximately 10-15 minutes.
5. Remove from fridge and let rest at room temperature for 5-7 minutes, so when you pour the next layer of chocolate over it doesn’t harden too quickly.
6. Melt blue wavers in microwave, until melted through, at 30 second intervals, stirring between each interval.
7. Pour melted wafers over the semi-sweet layer and, again, spread evenly.
8. While chocolate is still soft, place broken up mini cookies and pairs of candy eyes on top.
9. Let cool and harden, or place in fridge overnight.
10. Once completely hardened, break into pieces and enjoy!